Detective Waffles in an orange tiger tabby with a white belly and white paws. He loves to lie in your lap and fall asleep as you stroke his belly. He's a curious and active kitten and if you try to read a book in his presence, he enjoys sleeping on the book so that he's right under your face. He gives head-butts and licks your nose, putting a gentle paw up to your face. He can be squirmy if you pick him up wanting to hold him, because there's usually a game he wants to play somewhere else, but when he is in the mood for being held he is purry about it. He may fall asleep on your chest or your lap, but his favorite place when you are sleeping in bed is probably between your arm and your ribs, in the crook of your armpit. If you like someone who is curious about your baths/showers, chores, typing, and movements in general, you'll have a companion in Detective Waffles. He'll take down your particulars!
Detective Waffles is never rough or cranky; he's always open-hearted and cheerful. But there's one downside you should know about. He loves to chew cords! If you have, for instance, power cords in your home that would be expensive and/or time-consuming/difficult to replace, you will definitely not want to leave them unattended in a room with this kitty. He is not otherwise destructive, but this "foible" of his is a significant problem since he can sever a cord in one play session, before you even are aware he's doing it. The enclosed video should show him in action.
If interested in trying a trial adoption of Detective Waffles in your home, please write in with your answers to the questions below. If we think that based on them he and you sound like a good match, we will ask to exchange references and to arrange a time/day for him to come to your home. Everyone who answers the questions is guaranteed to receive a prompt reply! Thanks!
1. What diet/nutrition would you feed Detective Waffles? Please be specific about what brands of dry food (if any) you would feed him, what brands of canned food (if any) you would feed him,, and what brands of raw food (if any) you would feed him, providing the approximate ratio of dry to wet (canned or raw/homemade) food you would offer. If you would let him graze overnight or during the day, please mention that too. Thanks!
2. What are your views, pro or con, in declawing?
3. What are your views, pro or con, on neutering/spaying?
4. Under what circumstances, if any, would you consider parting with him? (We are 100% no-kill and would ask to take him back if for any reason at any time you no longer had him in your family/household.)
5. Would Detective Waffles be indoor only, outdoor only, or a mixture of the two?
6. What kind of water and what type/brand of cat litter would you offer him?
7. What kind of domicile would you share with him (rented apartment, trailer, owned house, rented house, dorm, yurt, etc.) and what other humans and non-humans would live there with you and him?
8. It can be really helpful in determining a good match for us to know something about you - particularly interests/hobbies/leisure pursuits and your source of income (such as job or profession), since cat care can sometimes be expensive. You can also add details, if you wish, such as your previous experiences caregiving for cats, dog-sitting, volunteering; your age; and so forth.
9. If there's anything about Detective Waffles in his looks or his description that appeals to you, "speaking to you", please let us know what it is!